10.26.2011

PARANORMAL ACTIVITY 4 Director Named?


Well I guess it comes as no surprise that PA3 did extremely well at the box office on opening weekend. In fact it took in over $54 million, making it the highest grossing horror opener of all time and also the biggest October opener of all time. So then it should also come as no surprise that a fourth film is on it's way. Nobody has confirmed it yet, but I would bet my entire life savings that we will see PA4 next October. Paramount's head of domestic distribution Don Harris spoke to The Wrap and this is what he had to say:

"I can't imagine that we wouldn’t make a number four, and I imagine [Paramount Film Group President] Adam Goodman this morning is thinking about the challenge. I’m sure he's thinking, 'Now what do I do?'"

And about continuing the franchise's yearly October tradition he said:

"It's certainly possible to have another October release. I'm sure the right material and the right director will have to come together with the budget because they don’t spend a lot of money."

It has also come to my attention that there is apparently an official Facebook page for PA4. It currently lists Kip Williams as director along with Michael R. Perry, Christopher Landon and Tom Pabst as writers. No news on how official this page actually is, but if you're a PA fan you might want to keep an eye on it.




No comments:

Post a Comment